Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nothing fantastic, just me.


Wherever you go, there you are. I had many hopes of getting back to the Beev and feeling wonderful and happy-- unlike the slug I was all summer-- but alas, I am me, and me is here instead of there. But I may be okay with that. Apart from the crying fits and the threats to my mom to just pack up and drive home, I am happy to be me, and I am happy to be me here. I know that me is what I'm supposed to be and I think this place is where I am supposed to be it. (for now anyways). Unfortunately for this post, there is nothing fantastic like a midget bar on Cicero Ave, or a giant spectacle wearing pink elephant. Nothing fantastic, just me.

4 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Actually, that picture is about as fantastic as anything I can imagine. Thanks for just being you. You make me happy. Now make you happy. xo

Jake and Chelsea said...

but you are fantastic. it's like that sarah silverman thing, the memosexual...hahahahhahaha. that's just funny.

maybe you are a youmosexual? or maybe you should be for now?

i don't know.

way to go on getting mail, you hot tamale you!

Ann said...

I love my independent, free-thinking nieces!

april said...

i'm with your mom; that pic is fantastic. and i know how you feel. some demons just don't seem to go away very easily. i'm working on a few myself.

one of which is running. i don't know how i can run 6 miles on saturday and then barely be able to run five minutes this morning while i pushed lily and evan to preschool. anyhoo, we invited chelsea and jake down for thanksgiving. not sure they're definites yet, but they sounded like they would try to come. you're welcome to come up too. i think there's a really cheap flight from maryland/d.c. area (no guardrails that way). we do have a thanksgiving day race in my town. it's a little over four miles and i think it gets over 15,000 people. i saw that you run. so do come, if you can. (we might make you sing for us.)

p.s. i got my order the other day and love it. i thought the necklace was smaller and i'll admit to it being a little out of my comfort zone. but i've learned it's good for me to get out of that comfort zone and i now have found the perfect dress to go with it!!! the earrings are a gift for someone and they are just beautiful.