Monday, October 27, 2008

VIVA LA FRIDA!







So it's halloween-- and i love any silly excuse to dress up. I already had my first halloween party (dressed up with some friends as the spice girls--i was Ginger-it was a little scandalous but hilarious--anyways--no one needs to see pics of that) but tonight was my ward halloween party, and i was not at all intending to dress up-- but like ten minutes before it started, i decided to venture into my closet and see what i could muster up. As many people know-- i am mildly obsessed with Frida-- and so the choice was fairly simple. I think considering the time constraints I did very well. Viva frida!!!!

7 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

YOU MADE MY WHOLE WEEK! THIS IS THE BEST LAUGH I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING. I ALSO LOVE FRIDA, BUT I LOVE HANNAH/FRIDA EVEN MORE!!!

susan m hinckley said...

I think it's the hint of unfortunate facial hair (I mean besides the unibrow, which is more than a hint) Considering that all your hippie clothes stayed in MN, you did pretty well (or have you acquired additional hippie clothes?)

susan m hinckley said...

Okay, last comment I promise -- did the eyebrow come off, or would I still be laughing at you in Biology today?

april said...

i loved that someone fell for the "i didn't pluck them for a day" thing. anyhoo, ablsolutely fabulous costume there, hannah. i'm sorry people didn't realize who you were (come on some culture, people). i can't believe you pulled that costume together in a matter of minutes, but i guess the unibrow is really the crucial thing.

april said...

i just re-read my comment and i don't think i was clear enough in my praise. REALLY, THAT IS AN AWESOME COSTUME!!!! oh, and i feel like sharing my great-grandma's name was frida (although she was german).

Hannah Francis said...

thank you april! that's okay-- cause frida was half german too! (it was originally spelled freida but she changed it in her 20's cause she was getting into the mexicanisma movement...) It was fun to creep people out with the facial hair-- even if most people had no clue who I was...which was a little ridiculous.

Hannah Francis said...

i just realized i said ward christmas party... whoops...got my holidays a jumble