Friday, January 29, 2010

sometimes force is necessary.

A drawing class and a painting class this semester are the perfect means for some forced creativity. A semester away from studio classes has left my critical-eye partially shut, and I am working to re-open it. A return to painting feels necessary and vital. Hopefully the good-vibrations that come when holding the paintbrush will translate into a more secure state of well-being.
Along with much needed diet and Jillian Michaels, I am shedding pounds and shedding the sadness of an unfortunately chemically-imbalanced brain. I am ready to look in the mirror and see myself again. And I know that a forcing myself to return to old-Hannah activities is a way to bring her back to the surface.

some work in progress:

4 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Go, Hannah! Bring some intention to your painting . . .

Chelsea said...

do not phone this in.

Amanda Cheniae said...

I really really love your "works in progress" You are so inspiring Hannah.

Dirty Hair Halo said...

i love the clouds on the brow of those portraits!

www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com